When will I be back to full strength after a 270 degree torn labrum?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 6-9 months is common

We often tell patients undergoing more significant labral repair surgery in the shoulder that an extended period of time may be required to reach full functional strength.
The rehabilitation process is necessarily a bit slower than would be the process forand isolated anterior repair.

In brief: 6-9 months is common

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I agree

Recovery time will take about 6 months.
If you are returning to a throwing sport, or heavy overhead lifting/activity this may take a bit longer. Be sure to follow the protocol from you surgeon and recommendations from your physical therapist.

In brief: I agree

Recovery time will take about 6 months.
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 4-6 months

Assuming this was a 270 degree repair, it will be four to six months before you could expect full strength.

In brief: 4-6 months

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine