What can I take to eliminate inflamation/swelling in my knee?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: NSAIDs work well
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (nsaids), are a mainstay to help mange inflammation and swelling about the knee.
Be sure to seek a thorough musculoskeletal evaluation if the otc strength medications do not work somewhat after a 4-6wek trial.

In brief: NSAIDs work well
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Betty Keller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Depends
Anti inflammatory medications can help reduce pain and inflammation.
Depending on your type of arthritis you may also need a disease modifying medication. You should see a rheumatologist to evaluate and diagnose the cause of your inflammation/swelling so you can get the proper treatment.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Betty Keller
Dr. Betty Keller
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine