Is somnapure effective at treating sleeping disturbances?

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Unclear

This is not a fda approved drug for insomnia and hasn't been studied in a rigorous manner. It is considered a food supplement that is generally regarded as safe, but efficacy is lacking from scientific studies.

In brief: Unclear

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Somnapure and SD

This depends on what sleep disturbance is being talked about.
This supplment can definitely help with jet lag sleep disturbance (circadian rhythm issues) and insomnia. This products probably will not affect sleep disordered breathing, snoring and parasomnia. This product and others should not be used in place of good sleep hygiene practices. I hope this helps.

In brief: Somnapure and SD

Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Steven Seres