When would I need to see a sleep psychologist?

Dr. Linda Kondilis
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Sleep Psych

If your lack of sleep is impacting your functioning, mood, etc.
It's always a good idea to first make sure there are no medical conditions that are negatively impacting your sleep. When you meet with a psychologist who is trained in sleep, they will help you with specific interventions that will help you improve your sleep.

In brief: Sleep Psych

Dr. Linda Kondilis
Dr. Linda Kondilis
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Sleep psychologist

Great question. I utilize my psychologists a lot for issues with insomnia.
It is normal to develop very negative thoughts/beliefs about sleep with years of trouble sleeping. A psychologist can be very helpful to retrain. Hope this helps.

In brief: Sleep psychologist

Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Sleep

If sleep has not left you feeling refreshed in the morning, combined with tiredness throughout the day and a need to take frequent naps, ask your GP for a referral to a sleep lab.

In brief: Sleep

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry

In brief: Define please

Are you referring to a psychoanalyst (content, meaning), or rather a sleep specialist in terms of its physiology?

In brief: Define please

Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Vicken Poochikian