How can my eating habits effect my sleep?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: Good, drink, sleep

Avoid heavy fatty and spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime.
Eat a light snack. Practice good sleep hygiene. Sources:eating ; sleeping | sleep.Com www.Sleep.Com/content/eating-and-sleeping we provide you everything you need to know about eating and sleeping. Counselingservice.Vassar.Edu/docs/sleep%20hygeine%20... Good sleep hygiene handout.

In brief: Good, drink, sleep

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Diet is important

Diet is important for sleep.
Large meals right before bed can make people feel uncomfortable and make it difficult to sleep. Certain foods can also trigger symptoms of heartburn during sleep, potentially fragmenting their sleep. Avoidance of caffeine and nicotine is important as these can be stimulating and disruptive for sleep.

In brief: Diet is important

Diet is important for sleep.
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Arnon Rubin