What can I expect at a sleep therapist's appointment?

Sleep therapist. The sleep therapist will obtain a thorough medical, psychological, family, and sleep history, make a diagnosis, have you keep a sleep diary and explain the process of. Cbti to you. Read more at: stanfordhospital.Org/clinicsmedservices/clinics/sleep/... Cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) for insomnia. Learn more about the insonmnia and behavioral sleep medicine program at stanford.
Questions. A sleep therapist will want to know medication list, herbal supplement list, drug and alcohol history, medical and family history, sleep habits including bed time/wake up time/naps along with exactly what you are seeking help with and if and how you have been treated in the past. A frank discussion about your motivation for treatment and history are key. Certain sleep tests may be recommended also.