How can light therapy help me in regulating my sleep schedule?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

Yes if you have sadd.
This is useful for people who live far enough away from the equator to have very long, dark winters. They become depressed in winter.

Yes if you have sadd.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Even without SAD, it can be used to regulate your sleep schedule if you see a sleep specialist who specializes in light therapy of circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Very few do, so you should ask before making the appointment. University center may be the best place to start.
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: It can adjust

Our tendency to feel sleepy at certain times and awake other times are strongly influenced by natural body rhythms called the sleep wake circadian rhythm.
This sleep and wake cycle is strongly affected by the light that enters our eyes. Carefully timed light therapy allows physicians to adjust an individuals rhythm so that they feel more awake and alert. Would recommend seeing a specialist.

In brief: It can adjust

Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Jonathan Jassey