How can I overcome the stigma of using a cpap machine?

In brief: CPAP alternatives
The CPAP machine and the many variations of CPAP are the "gold standard" of care for sleep apnea.
But many people can't tolerate the machines for a variety of reasons including comfort, claustrophobia, etc. I get a lot of referrals from sleep specialists in the quad cities to make these patients oral mouthpieces, designed to bring the mandible forward and hold it there which opens up the airway.

In brief: CPAP alternatives
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Craig Brown
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Small doses
I instruct resistant patients to try to use it during there tv show.
This way, they are distracted and hopefully getting used to the machine. This seems to work for many of my patients.

In brief: Small doses
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Stigma?
Stigma? No one will know except you and spouse.
No stigma. Am I missing something?

In brief: Stigma?
No stigma. Am I missing something?
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia