I'm depressed, but i'm not experiencing loss of appetite. What can I do?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Loss if appetite?
Depression has numerous symptoms related to sleep, appetite , energy , concentration , interest level and others .
When it comes to appetite it can be increased or decreased . So if u feel depressed talk to u. Pcp he can provide u medication or refer u to see a mental heath professional.

In brief: Loss if appetite?
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Seek help
Loss of appetite does not always accompany depression.
Often people who are depressed eat more to try to feel better. Think " comfort food ". If you ever have to go on an antidepressant and your appetite is increased make sure you try medication that does not increase your appetite if possible. Gaining weight, especially for women can bring you down, interfering with medication effectiveness.

In brief: Seek help
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Arnon Rubin