If my mom was depressed when she was young, am I likely to be depressed as ell?

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Not likely

Depression runs in families but doesn't mean u will b--but if u get symptoms seek help right away.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Maybe

Because your mother had depression the odds are higher that you could develop it.
There are a lot of factors involved though. Staying physically healthy, minimizing stress, eating right and getting enough quality sleep are important. The right kind of attitude about life in general is a major factor. If your mother has stayed depression free since she was younger that's a good sign for you.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett