How does depression affect your physical health?

Lower resistance. Decreased resistance don't take care of self lower pain threshold.
The short answer is. Significantly, unless you deal early and quickly with depression. Many things can happen to your body when depression runs unchecked. Hypertension, diabetes and other genetic predispositions can show up under the stress of depression it's also true that those predispositions can be kept dormant by limiting as much stress as you can from your daily life. That means treating your depression early.