I hate being pitied. But i'm depressed and I need help. What can I do?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Ask for help
That doesn't invite pity, it enlists help.
Is there any tendency here to feel sorry for one's self? If so, own up to it and do the right thing, again ask for help. The most important thing is to get treatment for the depression.

In brief: Ask for help
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Ben Ferguson
Surgery
In brief: See a psychiatrist.
If you suspect that you are depressed, see a psychiatrist.
There are many effective treatments that can improve mood and help to prevent a depressed mood from coming back in the future.

In brief: See a psychiatrist.
Ben Ferguson
Ben Ferguson
Answer assisted by Ben Ferguson, Medical Student
Dr. George Valdez
In brief: Be proud!
I consider having the guts to admit your limitations and weaknesses to be a strength.
Many people get into trouble when they try to get through things without assistance and education. Do your best to communicate your issues, and if you feel you arent being heard, or being helped, ask someone else, dont suffer alone.

In brief: Be proud!
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez