I'm afraid that I won't find someone to fall in love with. Am I depressed?

Brian Fishman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: No

Fear that you won't find someone to fall in love with is a perfectly normal feeling, especially in young adults, and does not indicate depression.
Indicators of depression are, but not limited to, fatigue, change in appetite, feelings of worthlessness, changes in sleep patterns, and becoming withdrawn from social interactions. If you are having these symptoms, please talk with your primary care doc.

In brief: No

Brian Fishman
Brian Fishman
Answer assisted by Brian Fishman, Medical Student
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Not necessarily

Depression involves a spectrum of symptoms.
However, your fear is an important and workable one. Psychotherapy is likely to be very helpful in both reducing the fear and in helping find ways to actively find someone to love.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine