I'm really depressed. Should I tell my family about my depression?

Ben Ferguson
Surgery
In brief: Maybe.
You should tell them whatever you feel comfortable telling them. Feeling like you're being forced to reveal something you don't want to share can certainly be uncomfortable.
However, families can often be major sources of emotional support during difficult times.

In brief: Maybe.
Ben Ferguson
Ben Ferguson
Answer assisted by Ben Ferguson, Medical Student
Dr. Jerald Ratner
You will need to get a psychiatric evaluation so that your depression can be treated-there is no shame in depression as it is a medical disorder that needs prompt intervention.

Dr. Jerald Ratner
Dr. Jerald Ratner
Dr. Eric Weisman