I feel like someone is always watching me. Am I just anxious?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: In a way

There are different forms of anxiety, and they need different types of treatment.
Yours sounds more suspicious in nature, and for your best interests i'd suggest a thorough evaluation by a psychiatrist. Perhaps your family physician can refer you, or you can contact your health insurance company for referrals.

In brief: In a way

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Maybe not.

It sounds more like you are more fearful than anxious.
The two are often hard to separate. Do you "feel" someone is watching you or do you "believe" someone is watching you? If you believe someone is watching you, is that rational, or is just a bit more than fearful maybe bordering on paranoia? Does anyone else share your feelings? It could be just anxiety. Ask friends or get help if it's unclear.

In brief: Maybe not.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine