I have really big dreams so I set a very high standard for myself. Is something wrong with me mentally?

Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Not at all likely

High standards go with big dreams.
Be sure you know your strengths and weaknesses so you can have a plan ( preferably written) that allows you to build on your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Dreaming big also means having the ability to adjust your dreams when necessary & take a different path than anticipated to get to those dreams. It can't be all work and no fun or you wear out.

In brief: Not at all likely

High standards go with big dreams.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Big dreams

How old are you? Why are you questioning yourself concerning whether or not you are healthy? Ordinarily it is to ones benefit to have big dreams that are optimistic about ones future.
Setting high standards for oneself is also something that can be very beneficial, and can lead to a productive happy life. Discuss this with your doctor if you do not feel well in any way.

In brief: Big dreams

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Maniac vrs Normal

The problem comes if you also have times in your life of depressing symptoms then your wishes of great achievements and dreams may be a sign of "mania" from the manic- depressive or bipolar disorder.
The problem i see is that obsessive compulsive personalities turn intolerant to people with other personalities . Also if we have high ideals we need to adapt to frustration and failure.

In brief: Maniac vrs Normal

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Dreams

Sounds normal. Keep trying to fulfill your hopes and dreams, and have a happy life.

In brief: Dreams

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine