I have a strained relationship with my father. Is our relationship affecting my mental health?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Only you know . . .

Sorry to hear of your relationship strain with your father. You are far from alone.
Most humans do the best they can, and sometimes it still comes out wrong (just ask mitt romney or joe biden at times). Seriously, only you know how deeply this is affecting you, and how it impacts your life. It probably couldn't hurt to talk with a therapist about your feelings, in search of clarity & peace.

In brief: Only you know . . .

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Only U can tell.

Does your daily function suffer as a result of your relationship with your father? Do you think the problem with dad is recent or long term and can you approach your father with it? Does your day to day attitude and mental state change as your relationship with your father changes? Does all of this make you feel you are out of control in any way? Can you talk to your father?Do you need help?

In brief: Only U can tell.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine