I think i'm depressed because of my body image issues. If I lose weight, will I be happier?

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: A Thought Experiment

What might you discover: imagine you lost weight and saw yourself as the "ideal you.
" what do you imagine saying to yourself? Think of people in your life you're close to. What do you imagine them each saying? What feelings do you imagine having if they did say these things? What thoughts? And thinking about what each might say, what do you imagine you'd say or want to say back to each of them?

In brief: A Thought Experiment

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology

In brief: You can be happy!

If you're overweight and you'd like to get into better shape, make a plan and get started.
As you improve your health and fitness you'll likely feel better. And, you will possibly be happier with your body if you're realistic in your view of your appearance. When a person has a depressive disorder there's more to it than one factor. Your doctor can guide you if you're concerned about depression.

In brief: You can be happy!

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Serenity inside

Happiness starts from inside, body image is what you are associating with not getting where you need to go.
Depression is focusing on what if's and happiness is saying why not and making a choice everyday to do things that gets you closer to your goal.

In brief: Serenity inside

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Eric Weisman