I think my mental issues are more environmental than anything. If I move, will I be less depressed?

Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: Possibly

If you move, you might become sensitive to the new environment too.
Find a doctor that will treat you for your environmental problems so you can stay where you are and not feel bad.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: In general, no.

We often believe that our environments contain our depression and if we get away, so will the depression.
More often what is going on is that we do not have the skills to deal with our environments and moving doesn't help. You take you with you.

In brief: In general, no.

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine