My parents are always disappointed in me. I don't know if I can live anymore. Am I depressed?

Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Most likely you are.

Certainly if you are having trouble functioning, sleeping, eating or just can't seem to get things started and are preoccupied constantly with the idea of dying and it has been going on for several months it's safe to say you have depression.
You need to talk about it with those you trust which may not include your parents. Get professional help before your not wanting to live becomes suicidal.

In brief: Most likely you are.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
This is very good advice. While "pop" wisdom blames depression / suicide on "drugs" or "peer pressure" or whatever, the real cause is almost always emotional abuse from parents. Call your physician NOW and set up a time to talk, and be ready to find substitutes for your parents in the community.
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: If you are depressed

It is hard to accomplish things.
You need to find a therapist who will help you deal with the depression. Your parents may not understand depression and how is disables you. You may need medication as well as psychotherapy so that you can start feeling better about yourself and your life. Get help it can get better.

In brief: If you are depressed

It is hard to accomplish things.
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Could very well be

Though an opinion cannot be specifically offered in terms of individual diagnosis, feeling guilty, feeling you've let people down, losing hope and feeling one does not want to live certainly would warrant a professional consultation with a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist.
If there are chronic problems with parental expectations or feelings failure therapy would be warranted w/ or w/o meds.

In brief: Could very well be

Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine