How long can I go without seeing a dentist?

Be toothfull and go. The purpose of going to the dentist is to prevent oral disease, dental caries and to maintain good function for digestion. You can go for as long as you want without a checkup but his is not advised. Every 6 months to a year for adults is a good rule of thumb. Remember, good dental and gingival care is essential to preventing other diseases including malnutrition syndromes and cardiac disease.
Depends. If you wait until a tooth hurts, you will most likely need costly root canal therapy. You also will most likely develop periodontal disease which leads to bad breath, mobile teeth, and tooth loss. If you visit every six months for dental cleanings, you will prevent these issues. If you allow the dentist to fix a cavity before it hiurts, you will avoid root canals altogether.
Minimum 6 months. It is advisable to see your dentist at least every 6 months to prevent the possibility of spread of decay and/or gum disease that goes undiagnosed.
6 months. Every 6 months is the normal schedule for dental check ups. If you have any kind of periodontal problems, the dentist and hygienist may want to see you more often than that. Seeing the dentist every 6 months will maintain you oral health and save you money in the long run. I have patients who haven't been to the dentist in years or decades and are shocked at what it will cost to save their teeth.
Depends. Healthy adult with no signs of cavities or gum disease, every six month. For most people that is not the case and they need to see the dentist more often. People with sever gum disease need to see the dentist 3 or 4 times a year. So see a dentist and establish a baseline of what your dental needs are. Hope that helps.
Depends. How "sick" do you want to get. Dentists will find problems when they are small and tend them as inexpensively as possible. Avoid regular dental care and suddenly you have a painful emergency that's more expensive to fix than the routine care you've been avoiding. Practice preventive care, see your dentist as often as he/she recommends in your particular case.
Your choice. We dentists are here to help you avoid pain, tooth loss, gum disease...Etc. You can see us when you are in pain or take great care of your teeth and see us regularly to prevent pain. You are free to choose how you do it. I recommend a minimum of every 6 months to save you money and pain. If your mouth has bacterial disease and problems, in all likelihood your general health is compromised too.
Dental exam. Depends on your oral hygiene and dental caries risk.