Is there a way to prevent food from getting stuck in my dental crown?

Dr. George Ayoub
Dentistry - Cosmetic

Need to check with your dentist food should not be stuck unless you have a gap or deep fossa have your teeth been moving or you just had a crown replaced.

Dr. George Ayoub
Dr. George Ayoub
Dr. Reena Gupta
floss regularly and see your dentist for routine care so they can make sure the crown margins are not open or contact is okay..
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

Make sure the crown is okay.
If it is, no food should getg stuck in it. If it does, see your dentist.

Make sure the crown is okay.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

If this is an ongoing problem, the crown may need to be replaced.

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Dental crown

Food should not "stick" to dental restorations.
If so a visit to dentist is in order to investigate and discuss solutions.

In brief: Dental crown

Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dr. Ahmad Eslami

I am going to assume that the question actually asks about food getting stuck in between teeth and/or crowns, because nothing should be stuck to teeth or crowns.
Even then, the food sticking problems can be from the chewing surface (vertically) or in between teeth (horizontally). Floss the problem area, and if floss goes through with resistance, then the food is getting stuck horizontally.

Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
And to reduce food getting stuck there, one can make a dental crown fatter to reduce embrasure area. If floss goes through without resistance, that means there is no contact between two teeth. This will results in food getting stuck from the chewing surface, and to fix this, one needs to remake a crown to make sure there's contact between teeth.
Dr. Michael Klein

In brief: See dentist

I will admit this is drifting a bit out of my area of expertise, but this sounds like an ill fitting crown.
Any opportunity for food to get stuck in the mouth increases the risk of further decay or damage to the underlying gum. A visit to the dentist can determine if there is a problem in the surrounding teeth or if the crown can be re-set properly.

In brief: See dentist

Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine