How do I clean my crown on my teeth?

Dr. Joseph De santi

In brief: Crowning Achievement

Crown care is essentially the same as routine dental care.
Use a dental paste for polishing and removing soft plaque along with a regular flossing. A device such as a waterpik® will provide pressurized water to flow above/below the crown/gingival interface to remove food particles and prevent odor. An oral rinse will finish the job. Remember to avoid staining foods and juices.

In brief: Crowning Achievement

Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Joseph De santi
2 comments
Dr. Stanley Siu
Remember to floss daily!
Dr. James Donley
You can still get decay around crowns, have your dentist or hygienist apply a fluoride varnish after your teeth cleaning.

In brief: Brush, floss, rinse

A dental crown covers and protects a natural tooth.
That crown is luted or cemented to the prepared natural tooth, so that it blends right into the natural dentition. So cleaning and care protocols are the same as natural teeth. Brush with a soft bristle tooth brush and ada certified toothpaste 3x daily, rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash for 30 seconds 2x daily and floss once a day. And c ur dds!

In brief: Brush, floss, rinse

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Howard Banner
Dentistry

In brief: Brush & floss

Brushing and flossing will work just like on natural uncrowned teeth.
If the crowns are connected together or splinted, ther are several devices such as floss threaders and superfloss that will help you get in between them.

In brief: Brush & floss

Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Howard Banner

In brief: Brush and floss

Routine and correct brushing and flossing will keep all your teeth and dental work clean!

In brief: Brush and floss

Dr. Anthony Silvestro
Dr. Anthony Silvestro