How will veneers help my bad teeth?

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry

In brief: Veneers

Whether crowns, bridge, or veneers, a solid foundation is necessary so it's important to treat the "bad teeth" and eliminate potential periodontal disease.
This will provide optimal situation for success of veneers or other restorations for function or esthetics. A thorough treatment plan and patient to doctor communication is vital for success.

In brief: Veneers

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw

In brief: Appearance

Veneers improve the appearance of the teeth without sacrificing the whole upper tooth to install a crown.
Be aware that veneers may last a long time, but they usually eventually require replacement.

In brief: Appearance

Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. Frank Berman
veneers should only be placed on teeth that are healthy without any decay present and periodontally sound, otherwise they are doomed for failure!

In brief: How bad R UR teeth?

The real question is how bad are your teeth and are veneers the appropriate solution! if your problems are discolored fillings, minor mal-positioned teeth, cracks so than veneers may be in order. Severe decay, abscesses, missing teeth and a more extensive treatment plan may be in order. Your best option is to have your dentist take all the necessary diagnostic records and help you select best 4 u!

In brief: How bad R UR teeth?

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

It really depends on what you mean by bad teeth, veneers are a very good treatment in cases of stained , bonded, chipped , decayed , uneven or slightly crowded, if your bad teeth constitute one of those former descriptions , then yes, your dentist would be able to tell you what's best for your case.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. David Stall
Dentistry

In brief: Not sure they will

Why are your teeth "bad"? Can't answer without more info.
Veneers are rarely a solution to major problems except for aesthetics reasons.

In brief: Not sure they will

Dr. David Stall
Dr. David Stall
Dr. Maryam Chiani
Dentistry

In brief: Bad teeth??

I am not sure what you mean by bad teeth.
Are they decayed ? Or are they aesthetically displeasing? Veneers and crowns are a good option to correct a lot of aesthetic problems as well as protecting the teeth that have had a lot of work on.

In brief: Bad teeth??

Dr. Maryam Chiani
Dr. Maryam Chiani
Dr. David Mcnay
Dentistry

In brief: What is bad

What is meant by bad teeth? It truly depends on what you mean by bad.
Crooked? Stained? Crowded? Chipped? If any of the former are the case then absolutely we can help your teeth with veneers. The real issue comes with us not knowing what might constitute bad. It's always worth a look. Come visit a dentist that can help you. Hope your bad teeth become something you can call good!

In brief: What is bad

Dr. David Mcnay
Dr. David Mcnay

In brief: Make BIG difference

Porcelain veneers are a way to repair front teeth, straighten your smile, or whiten it.
With the right veneers your smile can be strong and look beautiful. I have seen a number of my cosmetic dentistry patients actually take better care of their teeth after they got veneers. In that sense them getting veneers actually saved their teeth. In the end, it still comes down to you caring for them well.

In brief: Make BIG difference

Dr. Scott Greenhalgh
Dr. Scott Greenhalgh

In brief: Hard to say

What is your definition of 'bad', and how 'bad' are your teeth? Veneers are a cosmetic covering of the facial and sometimes occlusal surface of your teeth.
They will make your teeth look better, but it's unclear if that is what your teeth need.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

On how bad they are.
If it is just a minor cosmetic problem yes, if it is decay, periodontal, or structural issues i don't think so.

In brief: Depends

On how bad they are.
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Most often not....

This entirely depends on the source of the bad breath.
There may be more than one source. We all battle with this to some degree. While veneers may correct a dental problem with the front teeth I am not sure that will entirely solve the bad breath. Please seek the services of a well-respected, nicely reviewed online, dental professional. I hope you find what you need ..

In brief: Most often not....

Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: May or may not

The ideal use of veneers are to cover the front surfaces of teeth in cases of staining, some rotations, small chips, asymmetric contours, enamel defects, etc.
For a more esthetic smile. They cannot and should not be used when there is extensive decay, undermined tooth structure, gum disease, etc. See a dentist to determine what treatment is most appropriate for you.

In brief: May or may not

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sorry

Veneers is purely for cosmetic purposes.
They will not help your bad teeth. See a dentist to take care of your teeth.

In brief: Sorry

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Michael Dolby
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: They won't!

Your bad breath is from bacteria.
More than likely on your tongue or around your teeth. See your dentist or see a new one if they claim veneers will correct bad breath!

In brief: They won't!

Your bad breath is from bacteria.
Dr. Michael Dolby
Dr. Michael Dolby
Dr. April Ziegele
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Protection

Veneers can protect and strengthen your teeth with minimal tooth structure removed.

In brief: Protection

Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

In brief: They won't

They won't help halitosis.

In brief: They won't

They won't help halitosis.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Jonathan Jassey