How can I prepare myself for my dental appointment?

Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry
In brief: Brush
Get your questions ready before.

In brief: Brush
Get your questions ready before.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Ira Biderman
Dentistry
In brief: Relax
The way dentistry is done nowadays, most visits should be comfortable.
Make sure the dentist explains everything he will be doing beforehand, that makes it easier.

In brief: Relax
Dr. Ira Biderman
Dr. Ira Biderman
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Be calm!
I am assuming you are concerned with anxiety? Focus, take slow deep breaths, and stay calm. If this is a major anxiety provoking event for you, you may wish to ask for a pre-visit anxiolytic to help your. Otherwise, floss, brush, rise and sit back and relax and leave the drilling to us!

In brief: Be calm!
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. James Donley
Before you make a dental appointment, ask friends and relative if they go to a dentist whose office is understanding of anxiety and make them feel relaxed. You can call the office, explain your anxiety. Ask them what will be done at the visit and what will be done to make it easier for you. If you have had a bad dental experience, discuss it and get it out in the open.
Dr. Marsha Davis