Are there medications that I can take to get over my fear of the dentist?

Dr. Kyle Shank
Dentistry

In brief: Sedation!

Find a dentist experienced in conscious sedation (check out www.
Sedationcare.Com). When you call to make an appointment, make sure to let the office know that you are very interested in sedation and that you'd like to schedule an initial consultation to meet with the doctor. The two of you can discuss what level of sedation/anxiolysis you need and what medication would be best for your situation.

In brief: Sedation!

Dr. Kyle Shank
Dr. Kyle Shank

In brief: Yes Valium

I recommend valium for my patients who have anxiety.
I also recommend N20. (laughing gas) Not all dentist have this available, but I use it for my patients and it makes them more comfortable. Some patients will use a combination of both valium and N2O.

In brief: Yes Valium

Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

In brief: TraNQUILIZERS

Sometimes tranquilizers work.

In brief: TraNQUILIZERS

Sometimes tranquilizers work.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Emmett Miller

In brief: Very possibly

Taking anti-anxiety agents might enable you to get through a few appointments, but you might still have the fear. In combination with counselling or therapy, however the use of anti-anxiety medications may help free you.
Combined with deep relaxation and imagery they might help you resolve the fear. Consider: http://drmiller.Pinnaclecart.Com/index.Php?P=product&id=64.

In brief: Very possibly

Dr. Emmett Miller
Dr. Emmett Miller