Is carrying twins considered a high risk pregnancy? My friend is pregnant with twins. Does this mean she has a high risk pregnancy? .

Yes. "high risk" means greater supervision. With twins, your friend will be seen more often at her provider than if she was carrying one baby. She needs more Folic Acid for 2 babies, may have extra morning sickness, and has slightly higher risk for miscarriage. Mom's with twins are watched for gestational diabetes, toxemia, placental abruption, and premature birth. Some twins come by c-section.