Are bad teeth genetic?

No - Bacteria. Bacteria cause cavities. Infants are born without the bacteria. The bacteria can be passed from parents, grandparents, caregivers to an infant by sharing food utensils. When exposed to simple sugars, the bacteria create acid, which damages tooth structure (forming a cavity). For more info google: strep mutans.
Can be. There are three things that can impact whether teeth are bad or not. 1, genetics 2. Diet.. Including medications or drugs 3. Care of the teeth if someone has "soft teeth" it may be improved with good hygiene and a good diet.
Yes. In my 30 year career, seeing patients from 4 generations of families, and treating identical and fraternal twins, i believe there is a significant genetic element with respect to susceptibility. In many cases people develop decay symmetrically . We have a set of twins in our practice that have developed identical cavities on opposite sides . Good hygiene and diet are still important.
Not a simple answer. Although i agree with my colleagues that for the most part, most "bad" teeth are lost due to bacterial infection of the tooth or gum, there is a genetic aspect to this. Early onset periodontitis and other gum diseases, although bacterial in origin, are strongly associated with hyper immune response or cellular chemotactic defects. Also varying gingival profiles lead to uncontrollable recession.
No. Bad teeth are caused by poor hygiene from infancy and through childhood as well as lack of floride to protect them.