Are crest white strips effective at teeth whitening?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Teeth whitening

You can use over the counter tooth paste or supper market products like crest white-strips.
However, they are not so effective and/or stable. OTC bleach and whitening tooth paste could be used as a supplement only. A professional teeth whitening without laser, followed by home whitening system with custom trays for the long term effect. You will be very happy with the results.

In brief: Teeth whitening

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
3 comments
Dr. Keith Hollander
I suggest that my patients try the strips as an inexpensive way to try whitening. If they are unsatisfied with the results we offer several options of professional treatment. Avoid the light driven whitening not done by dental professionals.
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Trays are the most effective long term if professional made and supplied.

In brief: Yes,but dentist tops

Crest White Strips are effective, but your BEST and longest lasting results would be from a custom kit from your dentist.
Go to the KOR Whitening a System web site to see the absolutely amazing results...and it really works. Crest White Strips will give you the an econo-white! Good luck with what ever you decide!

In brief: Yes,but dentist tops

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Michael Dolby
Cosmetic Surgery

They actually work really well.
You just need to be patient because they will take longer to see the effects vs professional whitening procedures.

They actually work really well.
Dr. Michael Dolby
Dr. Michael Dolby
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: For younger adults

They work well for younger adults with minimal darkness to their teeth.
For older, heavily stained teeth, professional dentist supplied whitening treatment (in-office zoom! or take home trays) works the best. I have found the best results with kor system which, costs more, includes 2 in-office light activated treatments and very well constructed take home trays. A well designed system.

In brief: For younger adults

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dentistry

In brief: Yes, but

As dr. Lederman posted, strips only reach the front teeth, those in most people's "smile line.
" of the crest strips, the advanced seal are the best at staying on. In the long run, custom full mouth trays from the dentist are best, as you can retouch when you need to down the line and get refills of professional strength gel from the dentist. Better results to begin with.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dentistry

In brief: Somewhat

My patients try these and then we whiten professionally when they become frustrated.
They don't whiten all the teeth, just the front six. So, lower doses of peroxide to begin with that reduces in strength as it sits on the shelf. They remove some surface stain, but most of the "result" is from drying out the enamel. The result does not last.

In brief: Somewhat

Dr. Gary Lederman
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dr. Kevin Daus

Peroxide is the key ingredient in most whiteners.
This safe-for-the-mouth bleaching agent forms bubbles on enamel that lift away stains. The higher the concentration of peroxide and the longer you leave it on your teeth, the whiter they'll get. The downside: bleaching molecules can get trapped in nerve passageways, causing increased, though temporary, tooth sensitivity.

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Adam Smith