If my gums are not bleeding but swollen, do I have periodontal disease?

Yes. Start treatment with vitamin c with bioflavenoids, co q10 and therafresh toothpaste and mouthwash and your gums will improve within 2 weeks. Give this a try prior to repeated scaling and possible gum surgery. It worked for me.
Gingivitis. Is the inflammation of your gums before there is any bone loss, and is reversible. As soon as there is measurable bone loss, you have periodontal disease. If there is only swelling yo u have gingivitis.
Yes, . Bleeding gums are one of the first signs of periodontal disease. Bleeding upon brushing can be a reversible stage of gum disease and with proper treatment will stop. Best to see you dentist for treatment.
Maybe. Are they swollen behind your lower molars? If so, probably not, it may be pericorinitis, a swelling sometimes caused by trapped food, stress or 3rd molar coming in. However, if you have swelling around other areas of the gums, it could be an allergic reaction or yes, a form of periodontal concern. See a dentist to verify your reason for swelling. An abscessed tooth can cause the gum to swell too.