How can I wean my child off thumb sucking?

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Thumb sucking
You just have to remind them it is not a good thing to do.
You have to break the habit. You could reward them with toys or bribes. Try to stay away from candy. You can also read some of the articles by dr brazelton who is an excellent resource for pediatrics. Good luck.

In brief: Thumb sucking
Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Incentivize
Thumb sucking is one of those habits of childhood that give parents fits.
Problem is, children who do it often derive a great deal of comfort from it, so they have to want to stop. Your will won't do it. Some lose interest, others stop because friends become disapproving. Sometimes you can work with a reasonable child through a reward program, but they have to want to stop to be successful.

In brief: Incentivize
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Shontae Buffington