If my teeth hurt when chewing do I need dentures?

Dr. John Stork
Anesthesiology

In brief: No

See your dentist.
Your own teeth are almost always better than dentures, but you have to take care of them. If the pain is due to a mouth full of rotten decayed teeth, then something may need to be done, but extractions are a last resort. A good dentist can advise.

In brief: No

See your dentist.
Dr. John Stork
Dr. John Stork
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Likely not

See your dentist for a full examination including x-rays to determine the cause of the pain.
May be a number of things going wrong. Best not to wait, or things will get worse.

In brief: Likely not

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Not necessarily

If your teeth hurt you need to see a dentist to determine the cause of the discomfort.
The cause of the problem will dictate the treatment.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. Jack Hinkle