Sometimes I can't breathe so I start shaking and sweating profusely. Am I just being incredibly nervous?

Dr. Jason Beasley
In brief: Maybe
While these symptoms may be related to anxiety, you should see your health care provider to make sure you do not have a more serious health condtion.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Jason Beasley
Dr. Jason Beasley
In brief: It sounds like panic
If this is new for you, ruling out a physical condition is a good idea.
Panic attacks usually start earlier in life. At a first glance, this could be a panic attack, which is treatable. You will have to learn how to deal with them, what triggers them and what to do about it. It may also be a temporary reaction to something going on right now in your life. But it could also be a physical disease.

In brief: It sounds like panic
Dr. Christine Forest
Dr. Christine Forest
Dr. Donald Jacobson
I would see a pulmonologist first.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: Panic
It sounds like you have panic attacks, which in a sense is just being incredibly nervous.
Anxiety causes the release of the fight or flight hormones which cause trouble breathing, shaking and sweating. Have a psychiatric evaluation as this is easily treated.

In brief: Panic
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine