I always have to clear my throat. Does this mean that my lung health is not so good?

Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Not necessarily
Usually clearing your throat is due to excessive mucus in the back of your throat, either from retaining your saliva in your throat (instead of swallowing) for some reason or else post-nasal drip .
.. Usually not from your lungs, unless you also have a cough ...

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Randy Stevens
And sometimes reflux
Dr. Craig Brown
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Throat clearing
Throat clearing doesn't necessarily have to do with the lungs.
Commonly, it is secondary to postnasal drip which is commonly seen in hose with allergies. It may also have to do with gastroesophageal reflux disease. If both of these problems have been looked into it may be worthwhile to speak with your physician about a chest x-ray and a pulmonary function test.

In brief: Throat clearing
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology