Is it safe to take vitamin B6 while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Yes. Vitamin b6 is very safe, though there is evidence that doses over 200 mg can occasionally cause neuropathy. However, there is no good reason to take doses higher than 200 mg.
Yes. It is safe as long as you are not exceeding the rda (recommended daily allowance). It may help relieve some of the nausea in early pregnancy. Doses that are too high may interfere with and slow down lactation.
Two-edged sword. Have used vitamin b-6 supplements for years to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, and find about 30% respond nicely. However, a few years ago, during the "vitamin craze", several reports of b-6 toxicity emerged, and we learned that very high doses caused damage to peripheral nerves and/or spinal cord. Best therefore, to not exceed about 200 mg daily.