When I try to go to sleep at night, my lung feels heavy and I get terrible headaches. What can I take to lessen these symptoms?

Dr. Jess Schwartz
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Sleep apnea
These may be symptoms of sleep apnea.
This is a common disorder where the upper airway becomes obstructed when you sleep. This certainly can cause headaches and chronic fatigue. You should contact your primary care provider for more information and arrange an appointment to be checked out.

In brief: Sleep apnea
These may be symptoms of sleep apnea.
Dr. Jess Schwartz
Dr. Jess Schwartz
Dr. Eric Toloza
can also be a sign of congestive heart failure, where your central venous pressures go up when you lie down ...
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Pain Management
In brief: Sleep disorders
You could be having a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea.
Alternatively, you might have allergies which in turn are causing you congestion; a humidifier at night would help that.

In brief: Sleep disorders
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Dr. Steven Seres