What does it mean if I hear a wheeze sound when I breathe? Is something wrong with my lungs?

From airways. Wheezing is usually due to something narrowing the airways, either from congestion, asthma, bronchitis, or a tumor either compressing the airways or else blocking the opening of the airway.
All that wheezes.... There is a famous saying in medicine that all that wheezes is not asthma. Although wheezing can be assocated with asthma it can occur in heart conditions, acid reflux, viral infections, etc. I would ask your doctor to listen to your lungs and consider doing pulmonary function tests to evaluate for asthma. A chest radiograph (xray) is usually indicated as well.