What precautions should I take when starting exercising when I am obese?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Exercise

It's great that you are exercising.
When you are obese, your joints (ankles, knees, hips, back) are under much more stress so you will want to do low impact exercises (running is bad). Also, water exercises in a pool are also a good idea. Focus on cardiovascular exercises rather than weight lifting.

In brief: Exercise

It's great that you are exercising.
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: Start slow

Exercise is difficult when you are obese, but it is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
Start with simple exercizes like walking and work your way up. Don't get discouraged of you have some muscle pain.

In brief: Start slow

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Steven Seres