How can my faith help me lose weight?

Dr. Rita Corona

In brief: Faith&health

I truly believe faith is given very little credit in its innate power. Believing in ones ability to lose weight or to improved well being results in a positive change in our inner environment &our mental atmosphere.
This in &of itself has been shown to have effects on our immune system and hormonal balance. This causes positivity beyond explanation. There's power in our thoughts & our faith.

In brief: Faith&health

Dr. Rita Corona
Dr. Rita Corona
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Overeaters anonymous is a 12 step spiritual based program for people who struggle with overeating. I would also recommend the book "Savor". This is a weight loss book with a Buddist or eastern philosophy.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not

Believing in one's ability to lose weight will help in one's exercise and dieting efforts.
There is not a faith-based program that burns calories to help lose weight. Typical prayer uses few calories. However, some people eat a lot when they are anxious, depressed, or otherwise feeling stressed. If such a person uses prayer, he may feel better, eat less, and end up losing more weight after all.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: Mind over matter

The hardest part with diet and exercise is maintaining.
The best way to obtain long lasting results is with slow , gradual weight loss. That is incredibly hard to sustain. That's why people fail. Faith can help you stick to it and keep going when you are weakest

In brief: Mind over matter

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine