Can I expect to have pain in my spine while pregnant?

Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
It is very common for women to develop lower back pain during the pregnancy.
The added stress of the pregnancy and weight of the fetus can add to this. This can cause pain in the lower part of your spine. This should resolve after the pregnancy is over.

Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
2 comments
Dr. Charlene Sojico
As always, when pain intensifies and condition gets worse, go see your obstetrician ASAP!!!
Dr. Charlene Sojico
As always ,when in doubt , pain intensifies and condition gets worst, call your obstetrician ASAP!!!
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology
The spine moves during pregnancy to adjust for the shift in center of gravity.
Pregnant women need to lean back to keep from falling forward resulting in pressure and movement in the lower lumbar spine. Excercise, yoga, heat (not on the uterus/abdomen) and a good chiropractor should help most women relieve this spinal pain.

Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Shontae Buffington