How do I know if I am an emotional eater?

Dr. Emma Rishton
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Know your emotions
This is an interesting and complicated question.
It can come down to knowing yourself and paying attention to what you are really hungry for. Different things work for different people when it comes to checking in with themselves in relation to food. Some things to consider. When you eat are you really hungry for food or is it something else. Are you tired? Bored? Lonely? Keep asking. Best wishes.

In brief: Know your emotions
Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Emotional eater
Keep a journal of everything you eat and what times you eat.
Journal exactly how you feel everytime you eat. After several weeks, read your journal from start to finish and you should know how often you eat when you are emotionally upset.

In brief: Emotional eater
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine