How do I know if I am an emotional eater?

Dr. Emma Rishton
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Know your emotions

This is an interesting and complicated question.
It can come down to knowing yourself and paying attention to what you are really hungry for. Different things work for different people when it comes to checking in with themselves in relation to food. Some things to consider. When you eat are you really hungry for food or is it something else. Are you tired? Bored? Lonely? Keep asking. Best wishes.

In brief: Know your emotions

Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Emotional eater

Keep a journal of everything you eat and what times you eat.
Journal exactly how you feel everytime you eat. After several weeks, read your journal from start to finish and you should know how often you eat when you are emotionally upset.

In brief: Emotional eater

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine