How can I curb weekend binges of food?

Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Identify triggers
What seem like food cravings may actually be emotional triggers.
Smooth, creamy foods are associated with the need for comfort. Filling foods are connected with loneliness. Crunchy foods are associated with anger. When you identify what's eating "at" you and respond to those needs and emotions, you'll likely stop using food for comfort or distraction.

In brief: Identify triggers
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Dr. Abhishek Mehra
In brief: Binge eating
It is important to ascertain more history, and rule out potential causes for binge eating.
This could be secondary to medicines, metabolic problems, other health problems, stress, depression, some sleep disorders. This could also just be poor lifestyle choices since its only over the weekend. I would want to know if there is an association with certain time or activity when this happens.

In brief: Binge eating
Dr. Abhishek Mehra
Dr. Abhishek Mehra
Dr. Kathy Robinson
In brief: Find things to do
Often people eat more on the weekends because they are bored at home.
The best way to avoid that is to get out of the house and find some activities that you like. Turn off the tv, go for a walk, go to the library, start a new hobby. Find something that you like to do and eating from boredom will decrease.

In brief: Find things to do
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson