My child is overweight! what can I do to help him live a long, healthy life?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: A MIX of THINGS
Increasing and maintaining a good excercise routine is part.
Then implementing regular cosistant portion control of food intake. If you limit portions by removing 1 tsp of every 5, of all foods, the child will generally do better with weight, no matter how old.

In brief: A MIX of THINGS
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
In brief: Exercise
The best thing for an overweight child is to establish a routine of physical activity - doesn't have to be sports, but whatever it is, it should be fun and sustainable.
Teaching your child to enjoy being active will set him or her up for a lifetime of good health. Good eating habits are important too - especially keeping the high calorie foods - sofas (solid fats, added sugar) - to a minimum.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Jonathan Jassey