I have a huge sweet tooth. What can I do? I hate being fat!

Dr. Ward Dean
Anti-Aging Medicine
In brief: Metformin
Probably the best solution for this problem that I have found is the anti-diabetic drug, metformin.
Metformin restores Insulin receptor sensitivity, resulting in normalization of blood sugar levels (will not cause hypoglycemia), and reduction of insulin. My patients routinely tell me that they feel better, have more energy, and lose their carbohydrate cravings.

In brief: Metformin
Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dentistry
In brief: Sugar
How you shop can make a difference.
Don't shop when hungry. Start a exercise program if you're medical doctor approves. Read about the risks to your health from sugar. Moderation is key. Enjoy life and have a sweet once a day as a treat or reward. But only a small treat. Work together possibly with a family member or friend and it may help with your goals. Start to read more nutrition.

In brief: Sugar
How you shop can make a difference.
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Moderation
Having some sweets is ok (unless you're diabetic).
Just like anything else, you need to moderate it with other foods. For example, have something sweet for dessert 1-2x/week and when you do, 1) get a normal-size portion and 2) take your time to savor and enjoy it. Avoid eating sweets for snacks because it's hard to keep track of the quantity. And, of course, follow a diet and exercise.

In brief: Moderation
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Arnon Rubin