I've been out of shape for so long that I don't think there is a chance for me to become healthy again. What can I do?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Never too late
First, see your doctor for a check-up and discuss what type of diet and exercise program is right for you.
It is never too late. There may be limitations but you can still do things to improve your health. You have more to lose by not trying something.

In brief: Never too late
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
2 comments
Dr. Joseph Roosth
One of the smplest ways to exercise is just going for a walk around the block.
Dr. Robert Lang
A long journey begins with the first step
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Preventive Medicine
In brief: 1
Start simple and easy so you don't get discouraged.
As you begin to make changes, you will then set new goals. Little by little you will see your health and physical fitness improve. But a bad attitude will get nowhere or worse. Remember the chinese proverb, "a thousand mile journey begins with a single step." turkish proverb, "no matter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back.".

In brief: 1
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Dr. Peter Kurzweil