How soon can I sign my baby up for movement and play classes?

Dr. Nanette Nuessle

In brief: 18-24 months

While the aap promotes physical activity from birth, classroom style activities are best enjoyed by children once they can walk, run and manipulate around obsticles.
This usually occurs by 18 months of age. By 24 months, many children are starting to jump and dance. Swim classes should be postponed until 4 years of age.

In brief: 18-24 months

Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Marc Wager

In brief: 0 months

Any child can benefit from classes, but before moving and dancing, a baby has to be able to walk.
However, there are classes where infants can learn from listening, clapping, and moving in their parent's laps. They may not be able to sing along, but they still get to experience the joy of music and a fun time bonding with a parent.

In brief: 0 months

Dr. Marc Wager
Dr. Marc Wager
Dr. Cindy Juster