Could it be solely my fault that I cannot ejaculate?

Pathology
In brief: Who's blaming?
Different men respond differently to sexual stimuli and are more easily brought to ejaculation by different means.
If you have a regular partner, chances are that you can work together to find different things that enhance your experience. Yohimbine is an herbal remedy that may help if you are not hypertensive and your physician is okay with it.

In brief: Who's blaming?
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Probably
You are most likely the reason why you can not ejaculate.
Reasons may by psychological if this only occurs on occasions. However you might have blocked ejaculatory ducts if you experience orgasm without ejaculation. This would need to be seen by a urologist. See a sex therapist if it is psychological.

In brief: Probably
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Peter Kurzweil