How can I stop premature ejaculation?

Dr. Mark Reynolds
In brief: Options
Distract by thinking nonsexual thoughts.
 "stop and start":  stop stimulation before ejaculation for 30 seconds and restart. Repeat as desired.  "squeeze" method: man or partner gently squeezes the end of penis (where the glans meets the shaft) for several seconds. Stop stimulation for 30 seconds, and restart . repeat as desired. Ssris such as prozac (fluoxetine). use condom/local anesthetic cream.

In brief: Options
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. John Cheng
In brief: PE
I have tried a few strategies for my patients to help delay the pe.
Using a condom with a numbing medication inside the condom desensitizes the the penis and will help to delay the time till ejaculation. Once the condom is off, the medication wears off in about 1/2 an hour. Another approach is using the side effect of a prescription medication such as zoloft or Paxil (paroxetine) to delay the ejaculation.

In brief: PE
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
In brief: P.E. is treatable
A person with premature ejaculation (p.
E.) can ask his primary care doctor for help. Medicine is available that can improve p.E. Or prevent it. The person can try wearing 2 condoms to decrease sensation, and perhaps last longer. He can also try taking a break, to squeeze the end of his penis, making it softer and smaller (it will be less sensitive for a few minutes until a full erection returns).

In brief: P.E. is treatable
A person with premature ejaculation (p.
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine