Why as I grow older as a man, do my aches and pains not go away as quickly?

Dr. Eric Hastriter
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Youth
Metabolism slows down as one ages do all the by products of muscle use also breakdown slower and thus you are more tired then ever. Keep excercising though as it will keep you young! sleep we'll and eat well.
Surround yourself with young people and you will stay fit and young feeling.

In brief: Youth
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Dr. Robert Stuart
In brief: Use it or lose it.
Although there can be diseases that cause pains, I have found that most aches and pains my patients get as they age are due to the fact that they are not doing any exercise to maintain their muscles.
Both men and women should do some daily aerobic exercise and some light weight training every other day. You'll note that if you go to a physical therapist about this they will show you exercises!

In brief: Use it or lose it.
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine