Is it safe to take avandaryl (rosiglitazone and glimepiride) while pregnant or breastfeeding?

No. Avandia, a component in Avandaryl (rosiglitazone and glimepiride) generally isn't recommended during pregnancy or nursing. Talk to your doctor about alternative medications like metformin or insulin.
It isn't recommended. This is a combination medication for diabetes. One of the medications may make the placenta not function as well, leading to small babies and other complications. In addition, both medications cross the placenta and we don't know much about how they affect the baby. If you are pregnant and taking this medication, contact your doctor right away. Don't stop it until your doctor tells you to.